Saturday, September 30, 2017

After visiting the art gallery, the pieces of art that had the most impact on me where these because they each reminded me of a point and time in my life that I find significant. Most impactful: These were the most impactful because they opened my eyes to how big the world is. In the Niagara piece I was taken aback by the way the artist captured the true vision of the piece. It is so similar/ spot on to the actual falls and I felt as if the artist really did a good job. The 1st one gives you a sense of how BIG the world is. Sometimes we forget how big buildings are around us and how small we are in the world/ universe and I think the artist did a good job at capturing that an helping us come back to reality and remembering that. The buildings are very large compared to the people in this painting. And I think the exaggeration works well. Both the pieces make you realize how beautiful our world is and how big and diverse it is around the world. I feel the 2 that I had the biggest connection with were these. The first one really struck home with me because it instantly reminded me of my best friend. Moving from Florida to go to school in NY was hard mainly because of the people I had to leave behind. The name of this piece is called "stay with me" and It brought back a lot of memories. The second one reminded me of when I was a dancer when I was younger. Growing up it was a big part of my life and this also brought back memories of life changing moments in my life. Being a dancer taught me commitment and how to push myself. The ones I was not so sure about were these. For some reason I thought both of these were beautiful and brought emotion and I was very curious as to what the Artists were thinking when they made these pieces. I would love to know more about the background of these pieces and how they got their inspiration for them.

3 comments:

  1. Asia, I don't know what to say because the art you chose was amazing! I am not going to lie it was gorgeous. They all had beautiful meaning and I like the take you had on the ones that impacted you the most. The one of Niagara Falls was done very well and was realistic. The artist did a great job capturing the beauty of that wonder of the world. The second one that you talked about it reminding us that the world is much bigger than we think gave amazing perspective. I think you are right that we do forget that where we are isn't just the end of the world; there is so much more out there and so many different kinds of people. We need to be brought down sometimes and reminded that the world isn't just us and that we need to consider what else is going on around us. I really liked your take on those and the way you explained them really helped me connect more with those two paintings. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great picks from the gallery. I choose some of the same pieces like the one with Niagra Falls and the dancing girls! I couldn't get over the detail and creativity in both paintings. I also appreciated the other pictures you took of the 3D artworks because they were awesome to see in person and I completely understand why you took them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked great works of art from the gallery. I love how you chose pieces that you related to and had a story behind why you chose them. The painting of the Falls is exquisite. The amount of detail in the painting is wonderful. At first glance, I thought that it was a photograph and not a painting. Growing up in New York, I always forget that we have a Wonder of the World practically in our backyard. Fantastic Job!!

    ReplyDelete