Some key concepts that I thought were interesting in the sculpting video was how the sculptor Emmanuel decided to move away from his homeland to "find himself" I thought it was interesting that he decided to go to California out of all places. Also, I thought it was very informative how they discussed working on a sculpture as a team. I was not aware that not one person worked on 1 sculpture. Now that they have mentioned this, it makes sense because they all specialize in different things.
In the glass and ceramics video I thought it was ceramics section was very interesting. I've taken a ceramics class before so I was aware of a lot of the things that they mentioned, however, I was NOT aware (or maybe missed this in class) of how different temperatures determine the quality. The process of making the plates was also informative.
Based off of the films, I learned a lot more than I thought I would. I learned more about the processes in making things. In my opinion the book didn't go into depth how the videos did.
No comments:
Post a Comment